Where can I find statistical information on staff working in UN Specialized Agencies and Programmes?
Last Updated: Dec 05, 2023     Views: 5381

The UN System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB) provides Human Resources Statistics including statistical information of the UN Specialized Agencies and Programmes. Their website provides information on personnel in the following categories:

  • By organization
  • By nationality
  • By grade and gender
  • By age and tenure
  • By location of duty

The annual UN System Human Resources Statistics Reports present the annual statistical tables on the staff of the organizations in the United Nations common system with appointments for a period of one year or more. The reports are issued under the symbol [CEB/YYYY/HLCM/HR/sequential number]. The latest report is available from the CEB’s annual statistics reports page, personnel statistics for former years can be accessed in the UN Digital Library.

Statistics on the composition of the UN Secretariat is addressed in a separate Ask DAG question (linked below).


Disclaimer: answers are prepared by library staff using resources available at the time of writing. This site may include links and references to third-party databases, websites, books and articles, this does not imply endorsement by the United Nations.


Ask Dag Logo

Explore more than 800 FAQs in: