Where can I find information on Status of Contributions of Member States to the UN budget?
Last Updated: May 05, 2020
Two publications provide information on the contributions of Member States to the regular budget:
Assessment of Member States' Contributions to the United Nations Regular Budget
- Annual report on the contributions paid by Member States during the year.
- Documents 1993 - present are available from the Committee on Contributions website.
- Older documents are available in the Library.
Status of contributions: the Secretariat provides Member States with information on the status of their contributions to the regular budget:
- Current status of contributions: Member States can access the database by logging into the Quick place of the UN Delegates Portal.
- Monthly report.
- 1993-2010 available full text from the Committee on Contributions website. Older documents are available in print in the library.
- Since 2010, it is no longer published as an official document.
Information on the status of contributions is provided to Member States in accordance with a decision taken by the General Assembly at its 2444th plenary meeting (A/PV.2444) on 17 December 1975. In accordance with that decision, periodic reports on the status of contributions have been issued since 1976 under the title Status of contributions as at...
- Biannual reports (1976-1986)
- Quarterly reports (1987-1988)
- Monthly reports (1989-2010)
Prior to 1976, a similar publication was issued by the Secretariat under the title Statement on the collection of contributions as at... available through the United Nations Digital Library, the online catalogue of UN documents and publications.
With the growth in the number of funds covered by assessed contributions and the increases in United Nations membership, the standard report grew from under 20 pages in 1976 to more than 200 pages in 2010. The Secretary-General informed Member States that the publication will no longer be released as an official document (A/64/497/Add.1, par. 31-32 ). The Status of contributions as at 31 December 2010 was the last to be published. A database was created in order to better deal with the current scope and to ensure the availability of the status of contributions in a more timely manner.
Disclaimer: answers are prepared by library staff using resources available at the time of writing. This site may include links and references to third-party databases, websites, books and articles, this does not imply endorsement by the United Nations.