What is UN Member States on the Record?
Last Updated: Dec 17, 2019
United Nations Member States on the Record provides access to selected documents reflecting the views of UN Member States.
It provides links to Library resources to make the record of Member States activities at the UN easily accessible.
For each member state, the site includes the following information:
- Date of UN membership with links to associated documents
- Dates served as Member of:
- Security Council
- Economic and Social Council
- Human Rights Council
- Links to:
- General Debate statements
- Search for all speeches in principal organs
- Search for draft resolutions sponsored
- Search for diplomatic relations between states (notes verbales circulated as a courtesy to UN Member States)
- For more information about succession or name changes of Member States, see the Historic Information section of the UN Treaty Collection
- For more information about Security Council membership, see the Security Council website
Disclaimer: answers are prepared by library staff using resources available at the time of writing. This site may include links and references to third-party databases, websites, books and articles, this does not imply endorsement by the United Nations.