What is the UN doing for migrants, asylum seekers and refugees?
Last Updated: Jul 05, 2019
Migration is an important topic at the UN.
There are many complex issues that arise in discussions of migration and it is a topic that is discussed in many different parts of the UN.
Here are some resources to find out more about the UN's work related to migration and refugees.
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Do you need help? a new page with resources for people in need
- UN News: Migrants and Refugees
- UN website: Refugees and Migrants
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR): page on Migration and Human Rights
- In 2016, the UN Summit for Refugees and Migrants adopted the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants (A/RES/71/1)
- In 2018, the General Assembly adopted the Global Compact for Refugees (A/RES/73/151) and the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration (A/RES/73/195)
- Search in the UN Digital Library for materials on migrants and refugees
Disclaimer: answers are prepared by library staff using resources available at the time of writing. This site may include links and references to third-party databases, websites, books and articles, this does not imply endorsement by the United Nations.