Where can I find the documents related to the proposed programme budget for the biennium 2018-2019?
Last Updated: Jun 27, 2017
The proposed programme budget for the biennium 2018-2019 will be considered by the General Assembly during its 72nd session, beginning in September 2017.
Documents related to the proposed programme budget for the biennium 2018-2019:
- Started coming out in October 2016
- Additional documents will be issued until the budget is adopted (expected December 2017)
- Meeting records and resolutions related to the proposed programme budget may not be available until 2018
Before the 72nd session opens in September, some bodies will meet and consider the proposed programme budget and report their recommendations to the General Assembly.
For example, the Committee for Programme and Coordination (CPC) meets in June.
- Agenda includes consideration of the proposed programme budget for the biennium 2018-2019
- CPC report will include recommendations related to the proposed programme budget (A/72/16 (usually published in July))
When the 72nd session opens in September, the Fifth Committee website will be an important source for information about the proposed programme budget.
- Current session website is usually launched in September and includes the Fifth Committee's programme of work for the session
- Programme of work page is the best source for following the developments related to the proposed programme budget, including documentation links
- Press releases offer summaries of Fifth Committee meetings before official records are issued
The website of the Advisory Committee for Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ) also has information about its consideration of the proposed programme budget.
Disclaimer: answers are prepared by library staff using resources available at the time of writing. This site may include links and references to third-party databases, websites, books and articles, this does not imply endorsement by the United Nations.