I'm a researcher. My research subject is about the UN. Can I use the Library?
Last Updated: May 09, 2018     Views: 1002

The Dag Hammarskjöld Library is open only to holders of valid UN grounds pass and is generally not open to the public.

The vast majority of recent documentation is available to everyone electronically. Members of the public are invited to visit depository libraries located worldwide if they are in need of documentation in hard-copy format.

Before contacting the Library, we recommend using the following sources for your research:

1. Depository libraries

2. UN Official Document System (ODS): full-text database of UN documents from 1993 (older documents are added on a daily basis)

3. UNBISnet, the Library's online catalogue

4. UN Yearbook online

If you feel that, after using these sources, you have not been able to access all the necessary materials for your research, please contact us for further advice and guidance.

In addition, you may also wish to contact the UN Archives for unpublished records, which are not accessible from the Library. 

May 09, 2018     1002


Disclaimer: answers are prepared by library staff using resources available at the time of writing. This site may include links and references to third-party databases, websites, books and articles, this does not imply endorsement by the United Nations.


Ask Dag Logo

Explore more than 800 FAQs in: