Are there any materials that cannot be claimed by a UN depository library ?
Last Updated: Aug 23, 2018
The following are not included in the deposit and are therefore not claimable:
1) Publications under Sales Number Categories 0, all of III and XX;
2) Publications by the International Court of Justice (ICJ);
3) Publications by the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM);
4) Publications by the United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD);
5) Publications by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR);
6) Publications by the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD);
7) Publications by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR);
8) Publications issued in only one (e.g. English) or two (e.g. French and Spanish) of the official languages, if the depository does not receive materials in those languages and no specific request has been made for such materials to be included in the deposit;
9) Material not claimed before the lapse of two years after the date of publication;
10) Documents issued under the LIMITED, RESTRICTED or PARTICIPANTS ONLY categories of distribution;
11) Publications marked "Sales only" at time of issuance;
12) Sales publications issued and distributed by a trade publisher;
13) Press releases;
14) Online, CD-ROM, and microfiche products; and
15) Documents and publications by specialized agencies of the United Nations.
Disclaimer: answers are prepared by library staff using resources available at the time of writing. This site may include links and references to third-party databases, websites, books and articles, this does not imply endorsement by the United Nations.